Mt. Angel School District Superintendent Search
MT ANGEL SCHOOL BOARD DECLARES A VACANCY FOR SUPERINTENDENT POSITION
You may be aware that Superintendent Stoops has resigned, and his last day with us will be June 30 of this year. Mr. Stoops has served our district in leadership positions for 19 years, as superintendent for the last 10. We are grateful for his vision and collaborative leadership during that time.
We are already moving ahead with the recruitment for filling that hugely important role. As of today, this is what we know:
- We your board will continue to work collaboratively with Mr. Stoops between now and the end of June.
- We will hire a search firm to support the superintendent recruitment process.
- Further details will be decided at our March 8 th meeting.
We are using an online survey tool (see links below) initially to gather information from district employees, students, parents, and community members on what qualities and qualifications (Q&Q) we want in our next superintendent.
- It is ready and open through March 4 th.
- The results of this survey will influence the job description we use when advertising the position and selection criteria applied to the pool of applicants.
Please consider taking the time to share your feedback with us through this tool.
Shari Riedman, Greg Traeger, Rod Hill, Teresa Kinkaid, John Conklin