Federal Free and Reduced Price School Meals &
Oregon Expanded Income Guidelines (EIG)
This document provides information for families with students attending a school in Oregon offering federal Child Nutrition Programs such as the National School Lunch Program and/or School Breakfast Program, as well as information about Oregon’s Expanded Income Guidelines for public schools. It is effective July 1, 2023.
Children need healthy meals to learn. Mt. Angel School District offers healthy meals every school day.
|Breakfast costs:||St. Mary’s: $1.65||Mt. Angel Middle School: $2.15||JFK: $2.25|
|Lunch costs:||St. Mary’s: $2.90||Mt. Angel Middle School: $3.15||JFK: $3.45|
Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals or for no-cost meals through Oregon’s Expanded Income Guidelines for public schools. Reduced price is $0 for breakfast and $0 for lunch. This packet includes an application for free or reduced price meal benefits, and a set of detailed instructions. Below are some common questions and answers to help you with the application process.
- Who can get federal free or reduced price meals?
- Who can get Oregon EIG no-cost meals?
- How do I know if my children qualify as Homeless, Migrant, or Runaway?
- How do I know if a school is participating in Oregon EIG?
- Do I need to fill out an application for each child?
- Do I need to fill out a different application to qualify for the Oregon EIG no-cost meals?
- Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are already approved for free meals?
- Can I apply online?
- My child's application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out a new one?
- I participate in WIC. Can my children get free meals?
- Will the information I provide be checked?
- If I don't qualify now, may I apply later?
- What if I disagree with the school's decision about my application?
- May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
- What if my income is not always the same?
- What if some household members have no income to report?
- We are in the military. Do we report our income differently?
- What if there isn't enough space on the application for my family?
- My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for?
If you have other questions or need help, call 503-845-2345.
Food Services Coordinator